2016 Digital Refresh
We’re almost two weeks into 2016! If you’re anything like me, you haven’t quite yet organized your life for the new year. The time to get a fresh start is now! Monday was National Clean Off Your Desk Day. Like every social media holiday, we hope you partook. Cleaning out your physical space is a great way to mentally enter the new year. Adding color, photos, or other inspirational items to your work space can make it a more peaceful environment. Another tip for organizing your professional life is to take all the business cards you’ve collected and convert them to online connections.
Just like your physical life, your digital space should be organized, too. Here are a few ways you can better organize your digital presence in 2016:
- Clean up your desktop. You should also give yourself a happy new background.
- Tackle your bookmarks. Delete outdated or unnecessary pages.
- Update your LinkedIn profile. You should also reexamine your social media bios.
- Get an updated headshot. Don’t leave people with a picture of you from 3 years ago.
- Delete photos from your phone and upload to the cloud. Photos and videos take up a large majority of precious storage.
- Delete any apps you never use. Fill that space with apps you’ll actually use.
- Clear out your inbox and delete superfluous folders. These tips from Bustle should help.
- Unsubscribe from email lists or alerts you no longer want. Out with the old and in with the new.
- Go on a social media unfollowing spree. Unfollow those who aren’t relevant to you or have seemingly dropped off the network.
- Use a to do list app. Tools like Todoist let you access your to do list anywhere and have notifications to make sure it all gets done.
A more organized you is a happier you. Having a less cluttered digital life will help set the tone for 2016. Imagine how nice it will feel to have a clean inbox, desktop, and bookmarks! You can fill all that phone storage with apps that will help you keep up your 2016 resolutions or more photos.
Purging on social media is one of my favorite yearly activities. When you’re purging, you should also be following new people and publications. Be sure you’re following Social Distillery (@socialdistiller) and me (@kattals)!